29 November – 9 december
IEA Bioenergy Triannual Online Conference 2021. Bioenergy – A critical part of the path to carbon neutrality.
The 2nd International Conference on Negative CO2 Emissions A new date for the conference has been set: June 14-17, 2022!
Past events with T45 participation
Woody Biomass – Climate Workshop April 15, 2021 (online)
- A workshop in collaboration with The Royal Swedish Agricultural Academy and the European Forest Institute (EFI). The workshop included presentations by Sarah Mubareka, Jacopo Giuntoli and Giacomo Grassi on the JRC report on forest bioenergy; Robert Matthews on Bioenergy and the EU LULUCF regulation; Gert-Jan Nabuurs on Climate smart forestry and ways to avoid the “lose-lose options”; Brent Sohngen on Forest-based sector responses to changes in demand for bioenergy and other forest products – consequences for forest carbon balances?. Moderators: Lauri Hetemäki, Annette Cowie, Göran Berndes, Uwe Fritsche, Martin Junginger.
- The presentations can be viewed here och downloaded as pdf:s here
Conference sessions at BBEST-BIOFUTURE Conference May 24-26, 2021 (virtual).
- Governing a Sustainable Bioeconomy: Assessment and Monitoring (Experience and Perspective)
- Innovative Landscape Approaches for Sustainable Bioenergy
- Recorded presentations available here
Workshop – How can biomass supply for bioenergy deliver multiple benefits and contribute to sustainable development goals – 15-16 June 2021 (virtual).
- The workshop examined how biomass supply for bioenergy can contribute to SDGs beyond renewable energy supply and provide multiple co-benefits. The workshop focused on the relationships between the SDGs and different biomass supply chains and regions, sharing best practice case studies from around the world. Based on these case studies participants discussed how governance can further contribute to ensuring the sustainability of biomass supply chains and contributions to the SDGs.
- Presentations (pdf) and recorded sessions are available on the IEA Bioenergy website.
IEA Bioenergy Task 45 workshop on forests and the climate, 13-14 May 2020 on Zoom
- This was intended as a physical workshop in conjunction with the 2nd International Conference on Negative CO2 Emissions at Chalmers, Göteborg, Sweden. With the conference postponed du to the corona virus the WS was carried out remotely. Focus in the WS was on forests and climate mitigation and the backbone for the was seven interesting presentations. The WS was chaired by Annette Cowie with Göran Berndes and Gustaf Egnell as facilitators.
- The presentations during the WS can be viewed here.
Climate Change and Land – A seminar about the new IPCC special report, September 2, 2019 at the Royal Swedish Agricultural Academy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- In August 2019 IPCC (the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) released its Special Report “Climate Change and Land: an IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems”. In this seminar IPCC authors informs about the panel’s findings on how land-use, such as agriculture and forestry, and climate change interact.
- The seminar can be viewed, and presentations found here.
- The seminar was followed by round table discussions. Key findings from these discussions can be found here.
WS24: Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy
- A workshop in collaboration with the IEA, GBEP, FAO, IRENA, the Biofuture Platform, below50 and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency was held in conjunction with ExCo83 in Utrecht, The Netherlands on the 23rd May 2019. With more than 100 participants, the theme of the workshop was Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy. Documentation and presentations from the workshop can be found here.
Kickoff T45 in Stockholm, Sweden 27.2 – 1.3 2019